Purcellville, VA Homes for Sale
Get your: FREE KW MOBILE APP
Use Premier Team for all your Purcellville, VA homes for sale. We offer real estate properties like single-family, townhouses. We also offer horse farms, lots, land, luxury equestrian estates and vineyards. Contact Gene Mock, Associate Broker, Premier Team, Keller Williams Realty 703-342-8100 or Contact Gene HERE
Before we begin our home search in Purcellville VA, let's get acquainted with Purcellville, an historic town nestled in the heart of DC's Wine Country:
The “Village of Purcell Store”, named for the area’s first postmaster, was initially settled in 1764. The village was located along a road that today would be considered little more than an ox cart path.
In 1832 the road was expanded and built into an historic turnpike that became known as The Great Road. Stagecoaches came through Purcell’s Store from Washington, DC heading to Winchester in the mid-1800s. The Washington & Ohio Railroad arrived to the town in 1874 when the train depot was completed. On July 9, 1852 the Village was officially renamed "Purcellville" and 56 years later in 1908 the Town of Purcellville was incorporated by an Act of the General Assembly.
Living in Purcellville VA
- Numerous award-winning wineries within minutes of the Historic Old Town area
- Loudoun Visitors Center– a new tasting room at the Train Station
- The first legal distillery in the County since before
- Prohibition located in the historic area
- Weekend Farmers Market & Pick Your Own
- Great restaurants located throughout the town
- Visit shoppurcellville.org for discounts
- Historic Old Town 21st and all along Main Street – eclectic boutiques, antiques, specialty foods, clothing, decor, and unusual finds
- W&OD Trail for biking, walking & horseback riding
- Picnics & nature trails
- Hiking the Appalachian Trail at Bears Den
- Swimming, tennis, fishing, & trail at Franklin Park
- Baseball & football games at Fireman’s Field
Especially For Kids:
- Tour Purcellville’s Fire & Rescue Center
- Playground & picnicing at the Community Center
- Ice Cream, soft-serve & frozen yogurt shops
- Public library offers free wi-fi and computers
- Roller Skating at Bush Tabernacle
- Performing arts at Franklin Park
Studying in Purcellville VA:
The town's educational opportunities are numerous. See more information about schools in Purcellville VA HERE.
Working in Purcellville VA:
Variety of employment opportunities await the residents in Purcellville. See more information about jobs and work in Purcellville VA HERE.
Purcellville has lots of weekend events, like the local Farmers Market located next to the Town Office on Main Street. Everyone living in or around Purcellville enjoys the small town America feel, yet the convenience of close in location to employment areas and shopping. Take some time to visit Purcellville, just a 10 minute drive west of Leesburg on Rt. 7, the Harry Byrd Highway.
Get Your - FREE KW MOBILE APP
Premier Team - Keller Williams Realty - Google Map
Search Purcellville, VA Homes for Sale Homes for Sale
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Listing data provided by Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc.
Today's Market Trends for Purcellville, VA Homes for Sale *
* All data pertains to single-family homes